Sunday, May 16, 2010

early start

The plan was that I would fly up to the Bay Area and spend a few days with my brother and his family. My friend, Patti, and I would then be in Yosemite beginning on Monday, May 10. Well, we never really talked to each other until the Sunday before. Though I had played with the idea of maybe going early and staying outside the park on Sunday, I didn't actually think it was going to happen since Patti and I still hadn't talked to each other. When we did talk on Sunday, it turns out that Patti wanted to have an early start, too.

So, after a late Mother's Day lunch with my brother and his family and my sister-in-law's family, late Sunday afternoon became a rush of trying to pack what I needed for the trip. My clothes were pretty much packed in one duffel bag, but somehow there were other things I needed to bring that went in another duffel bag. I also raided my brother's pantry for food and other stuff I could bring.

Patti picked me up at past 7pm. That really was rather late to be starting the trip, but off we went anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment