Sunday, May 16, 2010

waterfalls galore

Once inside the park, we saw several waterfalls before we even got to Yosemite Valley. We took our time, made many stops, and took lots of pictures. (I'll try to give information along with the pictures, but I actually can't remember where they all were taken.) Many of the waterfalls were simple, seeming like trickles along the rock faces, and would be easy to miss if one weren't paying attention. Of course, others were grander and demanding of attention.

This is one of the first bigger waterfalls we saw. I think this is located pretty close to the Arch Rock entrance, and is on the right side of the road. I don't know what it's called.

We saw this waterfall again the following day on the way out of the park, and I think this is really one of prettiest waterfalls, especially from the vantage point of going out of the park (it's actually easy to miss on the way into the park). But it's hard to take a good picture.

Later, this time on the left side of the road, we saw Cascade Falls. (I know this only because there was an informational sign, which I forgot to take a picture of. Well, I actually forgot to take pictures of most of the signs.) Here are a few shots: wide-angle, up close, and up close including the top of the lower falls.

The water flows all the way down to the road, under the bridge, and down the valley (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment